Happy National Lipstick Day!
Lipstick is the one makeup item every woman should have readily available in her makeup bag. Every woman has tried on lipstick either as a child sneaking in her mother’s vanity or as an adult browsing through the makeup aisle in a department store. So yes; Lipstick is No. 1 in my beauty bag of tricks!
Your lips are the one beauty feature that gets noticed the most. Having a signature lipstick readily available in your purse in those moments when you need a quick beauty pick me up is a must! Seriously lipstick makes it look like you are wearing everything else well.
As a young lady, I was taught that a woman should have at least three lipstick shades in her beauty kit.
A red, a perfect neutral color that matches the natural lip color, and a fun night on the town color that gives the lips a pop!
Even if you wear nothing else; lipstick will brighten up your face. Lipstick is always top of the list in every beauty handbook. Need more information, check out Karen Homer’s “Things a Woman Should Know About Beauty”. A must read that cover’s lipstick and other ageless beauty secrets. Also, check out the beauty tips below to remember when applying and wearing lipstick.
- Never apply lipstick on dirty lips. Sounds basic right! The best thing you can do is exfoliate your lips, moisturize, and then apply your lipstick.
- A lip pencil will be your bestfriend if you are trying to achieve a fuller looking lip. Line those lips with a coordinating lip pencil for more pop!
- Public Service Announcement! Every lip color does not work for everyone. Please find your right lip color! Just because that doll pink looked good on your friend doesn’t mean it will look good on you. Find the right color!
- Last but not least, blot the right way. Close your mouth and gently blot tissue or blotting paper on your lips. This will help set the lip color for longer wear!
B’s Beauty Favorites
Here are some of my favorite lipstick brands! These are products that I keep in one or more of my beauty bags. If you haven’t notice already I have a thing for red lipstick. I personally believe every woman should find her red. Red lipstick makes me feel like a feminist bad ass and so should you by finding your red!
Shop B’s Beauty Favorites
The best thing to do on National Lipstick Day is buy lipstick! Here are a few brands giving away free lipstick with a purchase:
- Mac Cosmetics Free Lipstick with $25 purchase
- Macy’s Offering Huge Discount’s beauty name brands we love. Includes Tarte and Mac
- Nordstrom Free gift with purchase on National Lipstick Day. Free lipstick samples included.
P.S. Check out NYX’s “Perfect Red”! This is a great starter red lipstick that gives you a fierce and bold look.